this job offer might be of interest to members of this list:
A postdoctoral scholar position is available at the Internet Interdisciplinary Institute, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (Barcelona), starting June 2021 (negotiable), as a 2-years postdoctoral fellow with the possibility of an extension based on performance. The postdoctoral fellow will work on the ERC Starting Grant-funded MapModern – Social Networks of the Past. Mapping Hispanic and Lusophone Literary Modernity project. Specifically, the main focus will be on the analysis of literary networks in international modernity between 1898 and 1959, with an emphasis on cultural mediators and the spatiotemporal diffusion of trends and ideas at the time. The postdoctoral fellow is expected to collect, curate, and analyse data; develop manuscripts to submit to leading journals; and take an active role in current and future research. The position stands at the intersection of a collaborative team formed by the GlobaLS (Humanities) and CoSIN3 (Complex Systems) research groups.
Formal screening of excellent young and committed scientists will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Attachments to the online application should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and email contact information for two letters of recommendation.
– PhD in complex systems, computer science, mathematics, data analytics or related fields.
– Evidence of independent, data intensive research in network analysis, exemplified by publications that showcase your strong programming and mathematical skills.
– Proficiency in Matlab and Python programming languages
– Strong background in NLP
– Research experience with multilayer networks (e.g. multiplex, temporal networks, etc.)
– Research experience in interdisciplinary teams
– A background in database management and experience with OCR software will be also valued.
Informal inquiries about the position and application submissions can be directed to
Deadline: 23th May 2021.
If you know of any suitable candidate or have access to regional mailing lists which can be tapped into, we would be extremely grateful if you could pass this information along.
For more details on the ERC project, please see this video.