Data import error

Welcome Forums nodegoat user forum Data import error

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nodegoat 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

darj87

Hi Everyone,

As many here, I’m a new Nodegoat user, so forgive me in advance if this is an easy question. I have a csv table that connects people with certain organizations in the world during specific periods of time. I have tried importing my csv file into my project on NG but keep getting the following error:

“Number of column headings and columns does not match. Review your CSV file.”

Can anyone offer some insight on what might be going on? I have divided my data so that organizations and people are each one type, and then I treat the specifics such as location and dates as object descriptions or sub-objects. How exactly should my table be formatted? I have read the longer post on this forum explaining how to import data and tried to adjust my table accordingly, but something is still not right.

Also, since I have used my data with other tools, I already have geocoordinates for each location. Is there a way to use those with NG instead of relying on Geonames? Or maybe associate those? Often my location isn’t a city or country but a specific building in a city.

Many thanks in advance for the help!

nodegoat
    Keymaster

Just to check: the import module is currently configured to interpret semicolons as column separators, as you probably have seen in the topic you refer to (http://historicalnetworkresearch.org/forums/topic/import-functionality/), is that also the case for your files?

Sure, you can use your own geocoordinates. You can either import them directly as latitude and longitude values in the location references of your sub-objects, or create your own type of locations and use the objects in this type as location references. To test these kind of configurations, we always advise new users to first enter a couple of objects manually into your data design, to get a feel for the way nodegoat works.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Network analysis in the historical disciplines