Contact us to submit your events via the website and the newsletter.
Göttingen, 1-2 June, 2017
DATeCH 2017 - Digital Access to Textual Cultural Heritage
June 1, 2017
The DATeCH international conference brings together researchers and
practitioners looking for innovative approaches for the creation,
transformation and exploitation of historical documents in digital form.
* 7 January 2017 - Paper submission deadline
* 28 February 2017 - Decision notification
* 31 March 2017 - Camera-ready papers due
* 1-2 June 2017 - Conference Target audience
The conference aims to foster interdisciplinary work and linking
together participants engaged in the following areas:
* Text digitization and OCR.
* Digital humanities.
* Image and document analysis.
* Digital libraries and library science.
* Applied computational linguistics.
* Interfaces and human-computer interaction.
Topics of interest are all those related to the practical and scientific
goals listed above, such as:
* OCR technology and tools for minority and historical languages.
* Methods and tools for post-correction of OCR results.
* Automated quality control for mass OCR data.
* Innovative access methods for historical texts and corpora.
* Natural language processing of ancient languages (Latin, Greek).
* Visualization techniques and interfaces for search and research in
* Publication and retrieval on e-books and mobile devices.
* Crowdsourcing techniques for collecting and annotating data in
* Enrichment of and metadata production for historical texts and corpora.
* Data created with mobile devices.
* Data presentation and exploration on mobile devices.
* Ontological and linked data based contextualization of digitized and
born digital scholarly data resources. Venue
The conference will take place in the Niedersächsische Staats- und
Universitätsbibliothek Göttingen, Historical Building, in the framework
of the Digitisation Days http://ddays.digitisation.eu/ (1-2 June, 2017). Programme committee
The programme committee is chaired by Apostolos Antonacopoulos (Salford
University, UK) and Marco Büchler (Georg August University Göttingen,
Germany) and integrated by:
* Alicia Formes, Computer Vision Center, Universitat Autònoma de
* Aly Conteh, LDS Church History Library, Salt Lake City, USA
* Basilis Gatos, Demokritos National Center for Scientific Research,
* Claire Clivaz, Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Lausanne, Switzerland
* Clemens Neudecker, Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin - Preußischer
* Dirk Roorda, Data Archiving and Networked Services, Amsterdam, The
* Elena Gonzalez-Blanco García, UNED, Madrid, Spain
* Enrique Vidal, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
* Eric Lease Morgan, University of Notre Dame, USA
* Geoffrey Rockwell, University of Alberta, Canada
* Gimena del Rio Riande, CONICET, Argentina
* Günter Mühlberger, Universität Innsbruck, Austria
* Jim Salmons, FactMiners, USA
* Joan Andreu Sánchez, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
# Klaus Schulz, Ludwig-Maximilians Universität München, Germany
# Kristoffer L. Nielbo, Interacting Minds Centre, School of Culture and
Society, Aarhus University, Denmark
# Laura Mandell, Texas A&M University, USA
# Laurent Romary, Inria & DARIAH, France and Germany
# Lou Burnard, Lou Burnard consulting, UK
# Mike Kestemont, University of Antwerp, Belgium
# Neil Fitzgerald, The British Library, UK
# Rafael C. Carrasco (DLSI & Impact Centre of Competence, Universidad de
# Simone Marinai, Universitá degli Studi di Firenze, Italy
# Stefan Gradmann, KU Leuven, Belgium
# Stefan Pletschacher, University of Salford, UK
# Stoyan Mihov, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria
# Thierry Paquet, Université de Rouen, France
# Tomasz Parkońa, Poznań Supercomputing and Networking Center, Poland Submission
The following criteria will be applied to all papers submitted to DATeCH
* Authors are invited to submit full papers of up to 6 pages in length.
* Only original material will be accepted.
* All submissions will be peer reviewed and accepted papers will be
published in the conference proceedings, indexed in a major digital
* The authors of the best contributions will be invited to prepare an
extended version for a collective publication of selected papers in
an indexed journal (an additional reviewing process will be applied). Contact
For additional information, please visit
http://ddays.digitisation.eu/datech-2017/or send an email to
Göttingen, 1-2 June, 2017