This conference should be of interest to some on this list, via Marco Büchler:
Göttingen, 1-2 June, 2017
The DATeCH international conference brings together researchers and
practitioners looking for innovative approaches for the creation,
transformation and exploitation of historical documents in digital form.
* 7 January 2017 - Paper submission deadline
* 28 February 2017 - Decision notification
* 31 March 2017 - Camera-ready papers due
* 1-2 June 2017 - Conference Target audience
The conference aims to foster interdisciplinary work and linking
together participants engaged in the following areas:
* Text digitization and OCR.
* Digital humanities.
* Image and document analysis.
* Digital libraries and library science.
* Applied computational linguistics.
* Interfaces and human-computer interaction.
Topics of interest are all those related to the practical and scientific
goals listed above, such as:
* OCR technology and tools for minority and historical languages.
* Methods and tools for post-correction of OCR results.
* Automated quality control for mass OCR data.
* Innovative access methods for historical texts and corpora.
* Natural language processing of ancient languages (Latin, Greek).
* Visualization techniques and interfaces for search and research in
* Publication and retrieval on e-books and mobile devices.
* Crowdsourcing techniques for collecting and annotating data in
* Enrichment of and metadata production for historical texts and corpora.
* Data created with mobile devices.
* Data presentation and exploration on mobile devices.
* Ontological and linked data based contextualization of digitized and
born digital scholarly data resources. Venue
The conference will take place in the Niedersächsische Staats- und
Universitätsbibliothek Göttingen, Historical Building, in the framework
of the Digitisation Days http://ddays.digitisation.eu/ (1-2 June, 2017). Programme committee
The programme committee is chaired by Apostolos Antonacopoulos (Salford
University, UK) and Marco Büchler (Georg August University Göttingen,
Germany) and integrated by:
* Alicia Formes, Computer Vision Center, Universitat Autònoma de
* Aly Conteh, LDS Church History Library, Salt Lake City, USA
* Basilis Gatos, Demokritos National Center for Scientific Research,
* Claire Clivaz, Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Lausanne, Switzerland
* Clemens Neudecker, Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin - Preußischer
* Dirk Roorda, Data Archiving and Networked Services, Amsterdam, The
* Elena Gonzalez-Blanco García, UNED, Madrid, Spain
* Enrique Vidal, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
* Eric Lease Morgan, University of Notre Dame, USA
* Geoffrey Rockwell, University of Alberta, Canada
* Gimena del Rio Riande, CONICET, Argentina
* Günter Mühlberger, Universität Innsbruck, Austria
* Jim Salmons, FactMiners, USA
* Joan Andreu Sánchez, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
# Klaus Schulz, Ludwig-Maximilians Universität München, Germany
# Kristoffer L. Nielbo, Interacting Minds Centre, School of Culture and
Society, Aarhus University, Denmark
# Laura Mandell, Texas A&M University, USA
# Laurent Romary, Inria & DARIAH, France and Germany
# Lou Burnard, Lou Burnard consulting, UK
# Mike Kestemont, University of Antwerp, Belgium
# Neil Fitzgerald, The British Library, UK
# Rafael C. Carrasco (DLSI & Impact Centre of Competence, Universidad de
# Simone Marinai, Universitá degli Studi di Firenze, Italy
# Stefan Gradmann, KU Leuven, Belgium
# Stefan Pletschacher, University of Salford, UK
# Stoyan Mihov, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria
# Thierry Paquet, Université de Rouen, France
# Tomasz Parkońa, Poznań Supercomputing and Networking Center, Poland Submission
The following criteria will be applied to all papers submitted to DATeCH
* Authors are invited to submit full papers of up to 6 pages in length.
* Only original material will be accepted.
* All submissions will be peer reviewed and accepted papers will be
published in the conference proceedings, indexed in a major digital
* The authors of the best contributions will be invited to prepare an
extended version for a collective publication of selected papers in
an indexed journal (an additional reviewing process will be applied). Contact
For additional information, please visit
http://ddays.digitisation.eu/datech-2017/or send an email to